Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Magic Porridge Pot of Questions

AKA - Sam.

We've been travelling in to my home town by train for a little while now as we're down to one car. I dreaded the inconvenience of having to leave the house an hour early to drop the girls at school club, trek onto the station, get two trains and then trek to work, but it's actually been a really fun time for me.

I get to spend a little time with Sam in the mornings this way and we talk more than we did when I drove in. Or rather he talks and I listen. Or rather he asks a million questions and I end up having to find quick fire satisfactory answers before the next inquisition comes.

Today's offering included (in the space of just 20 minutes).

1. There are two train tracks, so why can't the inside tracks of both of them hold a third train?
2. What are the pebbles for on the track?
3. How do you know what direction the tracks are going?
4. Are these people on the train your friends?
5. Why aren't we going to London?
6. Can trains fly?
7. If the train crashes, does a police train come up the other track with lights and sirens?

If you're ever in need of a good conversation, you can be sure Sam will provide plenty of topic material. If only I could jump inside that little head - just for a day.

No comments: