Thursday 9 April 2009

The Uncertainty of 'Probably'

I love this. I love the fact that even the atheists out there are still not 100% convinced by their own argument.


'Probably', doesn't cut it. They're still not sure are they? They're uncertain in their own faith.

'Probably' incites doubt. Doubt leads to questions, questions lead to answers, answers lead to learning, learning leads to truth.

Without realising it, they've invited people to question God's existence. Maybe people who've never given it a thought before. For that we need to thank them.

1 comment:

margaret (the misanthrope) said...

That's an interesting ad, and thought-provoking on a number of levels! I remember last Christmas here in the US, some ads appeared on buses with a reference to being "good for goodness' sake".

I'm not sure if the folks behind it were actually atheists, or if they were just advising that people be "good" because it's the right thing to do, regardless of personal beliefs. It caused a furor but I thought it was interesting, since I took it the way that I did.

You're right though, whatever the original intent of this ad was, it makes one think ;-)