Sunday 1 February 2009

In The Name of Healthy Eating

For somebody who prides themselves on cooking as many meals as possible from scratch, thus limiting the amount of carcinogenic triggers in my body and that of my family, I must admit I do succumb to the odd packet of cup-a-soup or two.

But my delight is further compounded by the boxed statement emblazoned on the packet telling me there are NO artificial colours and NO preservatives.

Well, thank you Batchelors for your overwhelming concern for my nutritional well-being.

So, I needn't worry about the maize starch, hydrogenated vegetable oil, monosodium glutamate, disodium 5-robonucleotides, emulsifier, mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, acidity regulator and dipotassium phosphate you forgot to mention that's also listed on the back of the box.

No comments: